Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

Snowstorm

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful (ok, we don't actually have a fire, but the warm air coming from the furnace feel wonderful!)
and since we've no place to go
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!


The Weathermen are so excited around here! I haven't heard the term "storm of the century" yet, but I'm sure before this weekend ends, I will. There's supposed to be snow today, freezing rain tonight & then more snow on top of that. We have plenty of milk, bread, eggs, batteries, a bathtub full of water (to flush toilets) & a cooler full of water to drink. We're set. BRING IT ON!

So, it's been another eventful week in the Daniels's home...
Our washing machine has been leaking a little water for some time now, but this week it started GUSHING. For a family of 6, this is not a good thing to have happen! Merry Christmas to us! Santa better bring a washer!

Then, the real fun started...the stomach flu bug. Colin on Thursday & Friday, me on Friday morning as I was trying to pack Em's lunch...needless to say, that didn't get done! Emily on Friday (more specifically, on the bus ride home from school on Friday). And Finally Tessa, all night long on Friday.

Once again may I say that this is not a good time for our washer to quit working! But, thanks to mom, we have clean coats, bedding, clothes & bath mats (and whatever else may have been hit.) I guess once a mom, always a mom. THANKS, MOM!

Hopefully, we're done, but quite honestly, I wouldn't count on it...seems like we share everything around here.

Tomorrow, Dave has tickets to the Browns game. We'll see if he's able to go. At this point however, I think, he'd have to be flat on his back sick & it would have to be complete white out conditions in order to keep him from going. Sadly enough though, that may happen! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: