Friday, January 25, 2008

Oh how thankful I am....

that I'm NOT 16!

Recently I was reading a friend's (from High School) blog. In it she had a video of her little ones doing some of our old cheers. After leaving a comment about getting a good laugh from that, I started thinking back to the time when we were in High School.

Yes folk, what you may not no about me is that I was a cheerleader. Before you look at me in awe & wonder ROTFL , please remember that I went to a school of about 80 kids. Being a cheerleader took no talent whatsoever other than being able to keep a beat (although sometimes that was even questionable). I laugh at me during that time & if truth be told, am even horribly embarrassed. However, at the time I remember thinking that it was a huge deal. In fact at 16 everything seemed like a big deal.

So, give me my stretch marked, saggy, "where-did-my-waist-line-go?" body. I would not trade my life now for anything (especially the years 1986-1991).

2 comments:

Ellen said...

What's even worse is looking at some of the pictures from that era. Did we actually wear those clothes, have those haircuts, and think we were cool? In some ways it's a good thing I was stuck in Grand Marais...my stellar fashion sense would have been eaten alive in the real world.

Janine and Jason Byler said...

What a let down... I was hoping you would at least post a photo of yourself posing with pom-poms. :)