When we were first married, I remember sitting down for dinner with Dave & being able to look into the dining room of our next door neighbors. It brought smiles to our faces to see their three kids laughing & carrying on. As much as we enjoyed spending time alone together, we often thought of how boring our lives were. That time seems a LONG time ago!
Tonight as we were sitting at the dinner table & the noise level kept increasing & increasing, I had to think back on that time. I am truly thankful & blessed to be the mom of our four noise makers. Someday (& I know it will be all too soon), we will be wishing for these days again...everyone wanting to tell us about their day, singing everything that pops into their heads, making jokes & laughing at the smallest things. As much as we want to train our children to have good table manners, I want to savor these years & fully enjoy them.
...ON THE OTHER HAND...lest you think I am completely out of my mind, I LOVE BEDTIME! I savor the silence that it brings. I like being able to hear myself think & I love not having to hear MA-UM! (as if it were a 2 syllable word) bellowing forth from their delicate little lungs.
So, I guess by the time 8:30 rolls around each night, I have experienced the best of both worlds!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment