Last week I turned 35. A friend recently emailed asking how that felt. Since I now have one full week's experience being in my mid-thirties, this was my response...
It doesn't feel that different than 34, it's probably just the number "35" that makes me pause for a minute. I don't feel 35 or old or anything (most of the time). But then again, I'm not sure what 35 is supposed to feel like. However, this is what I do know...
...I'm so thankful I'm not in my teens & most of my twenties.
...I'm thankful that I'm married to a wonderful man & not still wondering about my future mate.
...I'm thankful I'm not pregnant or nursing.
...I'm thankful for the four children God has entrusted me with (most days) :)
...I'm thankful that Dave is employed, that we have health insurance and have a nice house...I feel somewhat established.
...I'm also thankful that I'm beginning to have experience & some wisdom when it comes to a few subjects.
...Things are still financially tight around here & will be until I go back to "work", ( and for the next 18 or so years at least) but I know I'm where I should be at right now.
...I'm thankful that I still get carded when I buy NyQuil or cans of spray paint.
I'm still shocked, however, when I remember that I graduated from High School almost 20 years ago and college, almost 15. THAT makes me feel old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
happy birthday Chris!!
Great perspective that I wish I had. Perhaps when I get to 35 I will?
great to read your blog and get some updates. love being a long distance part of your family life.
Somehow the college thing makes me feel older. Fifteen years, I can't believe it.
PS. The header looks good;)
Post a Comment