Sunday, April 20, 2008

I've done it again!

This was just not my week (or my kids' for that matter)! First, the whole neglecting-my-eldest's-foot-injury-debacle & then on Friday, my one & only son was the victim...

11:45am (15 minutes after Kindergarten is over)
The phone rings

Me: Hello Daniels, this is Chris

Mrs Richard: Hi Chris, this is Mrs Richard at the school (oh no, what's happened, now?) Um, was Colin supposed to ride the bus home today or is his Papa supposed to pick him up, like he usually does on Friday?

Me: Oh man, I'm so sorry, I completely forgot to write a note - his Grandpa went to Michigan today at noon. Colin didn't realize that his papa wouldn't be there to pick him up because he saw him when he came to the house early this morning to pick up the girls so I could renew my driver's license & I forgot to tell Colin all about it...(just shut up...too much information...you're babbling!...just go pick up the poor kid)

Mrs. Richard: Oh, that's OK I completely understand (really, because I'm not even sure I understand what I was just trying to tell you). He's here in the office. We're taking good care of him.

Me: Thank you so much. I'll be right there.

8 minutes later...
Me: Colin, I am so sorry.

Colin: (semi-laughing to hide some unshed tears) I knew when I looked out my class window & didn't see Papa's car that I should get on the bus. Papa is never late. Why did it take you so long to pick me up, anyway?

AGGH!

No comments: