Friday, March 27, 2009

No regrets

Growing up, we did not live near my grandparents...12 hours away to be exact. So now that I live 5 minutes from my Grandpa Miller, it is so nice to be able to stop by for a quick visit. I also love that my children know their great grandpa. Sadly though, I find that I take this nearness for granted. I let WAY too much time pass between visits.

This morning, while the girls were on their Papa Day, I decided to stop over at his house & have my own Papa Day. We ended up going out to lunch together. We sat & talked...time spent together (& as they say on the MasterCard commercial)...priceless.

On Wednesday, Grandpa will be 90. It's dawning on me that although he is incredibly independent & self sufficient, he'll be 90! In his own words, "At my age, I never buy green bananas, because you never know." :) I don't want to keep taking this time for granted...I never want to have regrets.

No comments: