Thursday, May 28, 2009

"P"


A note sent home from school last week from Colin's Room Mom...

"Dear Parents,
Help us say "Thank You" for a great year & "Happy Birthday" to Mrs Horst. Please help your child fill his/her bag with one or more small gifts beginning with the letter on the outside of their bag. (Brown paper bag attached)"

Colin's letter was"P".

I'd like to give her a plant. Great. We'll stop at the greenhouse & get her a plant. No, I want to give her some of our garden mint. You mean the weed that threatens to overtake our flower garden?

So, we dug some up & put it into a little pot.

Could we also make some concentrate for her so that she could make her own tea sometime? Sure.

We let it steep in the sun all day long, strained it & then poured it into a quart jar.

It was then I realized how similar it looked to a large urine sample. I started giggling, thinking how ironic it was that his letter was "P". And what's more, his bag actually said, "P from Colin" YIKES!!! :) (OK, so I'll be the first to admit that my sense of humor seems to run very closely to that of a three year old's...I wonder why?!?!?! :) )

2 comments:

Carmen Rose said...

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Perfection.

The Chandler's said...

I loved this story...and Colin, you are a very thoughtful young man!