My days of trying to be "Super Woman" are over. (At least I'm trying very hard not to slip back into that self-appointed role)
This weekend, my sister-in-law was able to spend some time with us on her way back to North Carolina. She seemed to be a tad bit shocked to see the pile of dishes waiting to go into the dishwasher, the load of laundry in the hallway, waiting to be washed, the Super Yard & Pack-n-Play piled full of miscellaneous stuff waiting to be put away & the front flowerbed in desperate need of weeding, because that is not who I have been in the past. But, that is my life right now. Now you all know, too. The secret's out. YIKES!
A couple of years ago, a friend came to visit after Colin was born. I had worked myself into a bit of a tizzy because I couldn't get the house cleaned up in time for her visit (what with recovering from a c-section birth & caring for a 2 year old & all). I promptly met her at the door with the greeting of, "Lise, thanks for visiting, I'm sorry the house looks the way it does..." Her reply was one of grace that has stuck with me ever since..."Chris, I didn't come to see your house. I came to see you. "
WOW! I don't think she knows how much that reply meant & still means to me! Honestly, it still grates on my nerves that this is the way it is going to be right now. But, I do have to say that we've had a wonderful summer...I've enjoyed swimming at the lake, playing at the park, or reading a book even when I know there are dishes to be washed or laundry to be folded.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment