Friday, September 19, 2008

A reminder to myself...Life is good

After not having electricity for 4 1/2 days, I had a mini breakdown yesterday which consisted of crying, mostly out of frustration.

After unloading on Dave, the girls asked if I was OK. I said, "Not yet." Then they asked if I was sick & needed to go to the doctor. I assured them that I was OK, but that I needed to find my "happy heart". (This is a term that they, as almost 3 year olds, are very familiar with .)

So, after I had taken some time to find my happy heart, I decided to list, out loud, as many things I could think of to be happy about during this time...

1. Our house is not underwater
2. We do not have any trees laying on or in our house
3. It is not -6 or 108 degrees outside
4. We have people all around us who love & care for us & are helping to meet our varying needs
5. Because of the generosity of one of David's coworkers, we have some electricity
6. No one is hurt
7. We are not displaced
8. It has not rained at all, therefore, we haven't needed to worry about the sump pump
9. The school has power, so there aren't 4 kids home all day :)
10. We can cook on our stove, as it is gas

...and the list went on.

No comments: