After speaking with the neurologist this morning, I found out (& realize I don't understand a lot of this, but I spoke with my mother in law this morning & she explained things to me) that I have mild degenerative disk disease in the L1, L2, L3, & L4 region of my back & a "broad disk herniation" between L4 & L5. While there is no compression on the spine, there is pressure on the nerves, which explains the tingling, weakness, & numbness.
PT should help a great deal & there's no need for surgery. Yeah!
Thank you all for your prayers!
PS...from an email from my Uncle Ted "Glad to hear that you're just aging gracefully" :)
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry about your alphabetical discs, but so thankful it is nothing worse!
I've been keeping tabs on this for a bit, and kept meaning to drop you a line and tell you that I'm glad it isn't MS but also that I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I miss you guys.
Bekki
Post a Comment