Tuesday, April 21, 2009

36

I have never dreaded birthdays...in fact, I love celebrating them. I thought it was so cool turning 25, a quarter of a century old. I celebrated 30 with many good friends & we had a great time. Last year, I loved turning 35, entering my mid-thirties. Then there's 36. I have to be honest...it freaks me out a bit. Although the consensus is that 36 is not your"late thirties", it sure is getting close.

And then, my friend & coworker, Nancy, who will be retiring at the end of the summer, filled me with hope. Without her knowing how old I am turning, she said, "My husband & I were talking the other day & decided that if we could be any age forever, it would be 36. You're old enough not to do immature, stupid things, yet young enough to enjoy & getting away with doing them if you wanted. If we did something like that now, we'd just look plain desperate & pathetic. You're also settled with no big life decisions looming. It was a great age!"

Thank you, Nancy!

Now, what stupid, immature thing could I enjoy doing this year?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Chris! You're just entering the best years of your life I think!