Saturday, April 25, 2009

I was right

Two days down, one to go...the conference has been long & at times intense, but I was also right in the fact that it has been very encouraging. So, if I could take one thing away from the weekend, what would it be? It's best said in a song that Steve & Annie Chapman wrote & performed today:

"Incompatibility everywhere we turn
still we stay together,
there's a lesson we have learned

If this man & woman were in every way the same
one of us wouldn't be needed
now wouldn't that be a shame?"

Am I going to allow our "incompatibilities" to drive a wedge between us, or will I see it as a gift that strengthens our marriage.?

Dave & I are very different. It can be frustrating at times. What an encouragement to hear that there is a reason for & beauty in our differences.

No comments: