Although Colin is very witty & loves jokes, he tends to be a kid who takes things very literally...I'm talking Literally with a capital L. Last night was a classic moment...This morning...
Emily: Mom, I woke up at two o'clock this morning & our light was on. Actually, it turned out to be Colin's reading light. So I asked him what he was doing & he said he was reading.
A little later...
Me: Colin, what were you doing up at 2?
Colin: Reading.
Me: Why in the world were you reading at two in the morning?
Colin: Because (with a little frustration in his voice), last night you said I could wake up early & read.
Me: Colin, I meant I'd get you up at 7 instead of 7:15.
Colin: Oh...then why didn't you say so?
Why oh why didn't I think to tell him not to wake up at 2:00 in the morning to read? Silly me! :)
2 comments:
I'm with Colin, I like to read at 2 am also. LOL! :)
so good! :) I totally forgot about your blog spot!! Love it!! Going to have to do some catch up reading!! We use Facebook in these parts
Post a Comment