
I make decisions all day long. Usually, they're not life altering decisions. Rather, they're very mundane, very daily ones...What am I going to wear today? What coat should the kids wear to school? When doing laundry, is this light or dark...you know what I'm talking about. Today I ran out of my shampoo & decided to branch out; try something new. So there I stood, gazing at two, seemingly endless aisles worth of shampoo. After 10 minutes of "extra body, extra shine, lavender scent, frizz control, curl defining, color enhancing", I finally made my decision. (I think next time I'll stick with good old reliable Finesse. Why fix what's not broken? Right?)
Anyway, Friday is the kids' Harvest Party at school. I volunteered to bring "googly eyes" for the craft & fall "sprinkles" for cookies. The sprinkles were a breeze...only two choices. Not a problem. Then came the hunt for the eyes.
This was the decision that broke the camel's back, the one that sent me over the edge. I'm standing in the "googly eyes" aisle at Pat Catan's looking up at the amazing amount of possibilities. I had no idea there are so many sizes, shapes, colors, adhesive & non adhesive choices. WOW! I panicked...I just could not handle making this decision. So, I did what any insane person would do. I bought $12 worth of googly eyes(@ $1.50 per bag), that's no less than 300 beady little googly-eyes staring up at me from their cellophane cages. YIKES!
Anyway, Friday is the kids' Harvest Party at school. I volunteered to bring "googly eyes" for the craft & fall "sprinkles" for cookies. The sprinkles were a breeze...only two choices. Not a problem. Then came the hunt for the eyes.
This was the decision that broke the camel's back, the one that sent me over the edge. I'm standing in the "googly eyes" aisle at Pat Catan's looking up at the amazing amount of possibilities. I had no idea there are so many sizes, shapes, colors, adhesive & non adhesive choices. WOW! I panicked...I just could not handle making this decision. So, I did what any insane person would do. I bought $12 worth of googly eyes(@ $1.50 per bag), that's no less than 300 beady little googly-eyes staring up at me from their cellophane cages. YIKES!
I'm sure when the room mom opens the bag, she'll think I'm totally crazy. Maybe she'll even doubt her wisdom in putting me in charge of the googly eyes. She can decide. At least I've narrowed it down a little for her. I just hope she's a better decision maker than I am!
...Now, what's for supper?
No comments:
Post a Comment