Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Choosing my battles carefully

Today is Dress Your Best Day at school. I laid out Colin's red plaid shirt. He was all for that & then asked me if I knew where his tie was.

His TIE? The striped one? Are you sure you don't want to wear your white shirt instead?

No, this tie matches really well...they're both red.


On the way out the door, I heard him say to no one in particular, kind of under his breath, "I know I'll be the best dressed today."

I was so thankful that this was not the battle I chose to fight.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Craig would make that same choice. They're red right! Grace leaves the house on many an occasion looking like a circus performer. How many shades of purple are there anyway??

mammabaltic said...

Actually, you would be suprised. He might just be in style!!! I have seen so many plaids with stripes and polka dots with paisley, etc.... You were wise to not fight that battle. It's funny but cute.