Thursday, January 15, 2009

What to do on a day like today?

Well, today was our first snow day, although I have a feeling it was more like our first "it's-freezing-out-there-and-you'd-be-crazy-to-think-I'm-going-out-in-it" day of the year. Now, I think because so much of my life was spent in schools, I get just as excited about them as the kids do. That is...

...Until about 9:30 when everyone starts getting really cranky toward each other because for some freak of nature reason, my kids wake up way earlier on snow days than they do on regular days. Can anyone explain this phenomena to me?

and
...Until I think ahead to tomorrow when it's supposed to be even colder than today (so probably another cancellation), then I think about the weekend, and finally think about the 2 scheduled days they have off on Monday and Tuesday. That's SIX days, cyber-friends of mine!!!! (Not to mention the 2 week break they had 2 weeks ago.) Can I hear an amen? Is there anyone out there who can relate to this?

So, what did we do? "Got the heck out of Dodge" (aka our home). Yes, even though it was too cold for the kids to go to school, we went out in this nose-hair-freezing weather(ironic isn't it?). First we went to an ENT appointment for Tessa (She has a double ear infection & mighty amounts of puss behind her eardrum, rendering her virtually deaf. And if your keeping track, that's two kids on Amoxicillin right now.) Then to my parents for a day of playing games, making bird feeders, napping & watching my parents' cat fearlessly try to protect his territory from our cats.

It's 8:00 and all are zonked out, including the cats. So, I'm off to bed soon so I can mentally & physically prepare for tomorrow...and the next day...and the next day...and you catch my drift.
Happy Hibernating to all my Mid-West/Eastern Seaboard friends...stay warm & cozy tonight.

No comments: