I do not mind spiders. I could care less about snakes. Bats are a little iffy, but mice FREAK me out! I can not stand them! They make my skin crawl & my adrenalin rush.
Now, I am no fool. I know that it is in a cat's nature to chase/catch mice & other creatures. And out of love, they often leave presents at the door for their owners. However, I was NOT prepared for what just happened 10 minutes ago...
I was sitting here at the computer (which is right next to our sliding glass door). Every night, when the cats are done playing outside, they come to the glass door, scratch at it & I let them in. So, I look up & here is Flash, looking in the glass door, scratching at it, with a rodent hanging limply from his mouth...as if I'm going to let him in.
Of course I SCREAMED & then ran to my bedroom, locked the door & hid my eyes in the pillow. Yes, I am that wimpy! Meanwhile, Dave is watching Flash through the glass door as he proudly plays with it, praising him with a, "Good, Kitty! Good Job, Flash!"
Nina, sees what's going on & wants a piece of the action. Dave lets her outside, she grabs it & takes off with it. Flash is a little confused. Now they're both outside & I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at them the same way again! AGGGGHHHHH!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, that's funny! Just be glad it all happened outside!! I thought we had got rid of all our 'pets'. (we trapped 3) but I'm still finding signs of them still around!! UGGHHH!!
Post a Comment