One of the things I really like about the kids getting older is that they love family game nights (or playing games in general). Unfortunately, we aren't all there yet. We are working hard with the girls to have a happy heart for the winner, even when it's not them. We're also working on obeying the rules (No, you can't both get the princess card in Candy Land. Yes, you must put all the cherries back on your tree when you spin & get the spilled basket in Hi-Ho Cherrio.) But, I know they'll come around...the other ones did...eventually. :)
Anyway, some of our favorites right now are...
Dutch Blitz ...We received this card game as a wedding gift (13 years ago), however I never knew how to play. A friend emailed about how her 9 year old really likes the game (thanks, Lorena). I thought that if her daughter, Anna, could play, I could probably figure it out, too. :) So, over one of the snow breaks, the kids & I figured it out & it's now a favorite. We later found out that Daddy knew how to play all along :)
Swap...a little UNO, a little craziness :)
Blokus...I had never heard of the game until Thanksgiving. Thanks Uncle Mark. Now we're super-fans!
Clue Jr...who ate the cake, in which room, with what drink? A little less gruesome than the adult version, wouldn't you agree? :)
A to Z Jr by Discovery toys...a kids Scattergories-type game
Monopoly Jr...because it's never to early to teach kids about greed, right? :)
Connect Four...Dave still swears that he is the undefeated 6th grade champion of this game.
Othello...loved this one as a kid...still love it
Sequence Dice/Sequence Jr.
Yahtzee...dice & electronic game version
Husker Du...the girls love this one!
Guess Who...we have loved this one to tatters:)
Does your family have favorites? We'd love to hear about them.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We love Cranium Jr and the latest one to add is battle ship. I can't understand that one and so far have gotten out of playing it every time! Good thing John likes it! :)
Post a Comment