
Last night, I got home from work around 9. I went into the kids room to check on them & although they went to bed an hour before, they were still both wide awake. Emily was coughing & Colin for another reason...
Mom, I swallowed a quarter tonight & my throat hurts.
Did you tell Daddy about this?
No, I wanted to tell you first. (Should I feel honored?)
After talking it over with David, he convinced me that we should probably do something about it. So, I called the doctor's registry...
Hello, Daniels
Hi, this is Dr R.
Hi there...my 6 year old son swallowed a quarter tonight & he's complaining that his throat is sore. He's breathing & swallowing just fine...I'm pretty his throat is just sore from it being irritated.
(After he stops laughing)...well, it sounds like he's ok, but when there's any complaint involving the throat, it's best to get it x-rayed. Sounds like you're going to be making a trip to the ER...Have fun with that.
So, off we went. The staff was great & even gave Colin his own copy of the x-rays for show & tell. Thankfully, the quarter is safe & sound in his stomach for the time being. (And bonus, we were there for only a little over an hour...a record I think!)
How exactly did it happen you ask? The official story straight from Colin...
I was holding a quarter. Flash needed to go outside. I tried to open the (sliding glass) door, but it was sticking, so I had to use two hands. I needed to put the quarter down, so I decided to put the quarter between my lips & teeth. Then all of the sudden it started going down my throat. I tried to grab it out of there with my fingers, by it went down too fast.
So, there you have it...never a dull moment here I tell you! On a related note, I'm pretty certain we're close to reaching our insurance deductible for this year & it's only February. Ahhh life with 4 kids! :)
Mom, I swallowed a quarter tonight & my throat hurts.
Did you tell Daddy about this?
No, I wanted to tell you first. (Should I feel honored?)
After talking it over with David, he convinced me that we should probably do something about it. So, I called the doctor's registry...
Hello, Daniels
Hi, this is Dr R.
Hi there...my 6 year old son swallowed a quarter tonight & he's complaining that his throat is sore. He's breathing & swallowing just fine...I'm pretty his throat is just sore from it being irritated.
(After he stops laughing)...well, it sounds like he's ok, but when there's any complaint involving the throat, it's best to get it x-rayed. Sounds like you're going to be making a trip to the ER...Have fun with that.
So, off we went. The staff was great & even gave Colin his own copy of the x-rays for show & tell. Thankfully, the quarter is safe & sound in his stomach for the time being. (And bonus, we were there for only a little over an hour...a record I think!)
How exactly did it happen you ask? The official story straight from Colin...
I was holding a quarter. Flash needed to go outside. I tried to open the (sliding glass) door, but it was sticking, so I had to use two hands. I needed to put the quarter down, so I decided to put the quarter between my lips & teeth. Then all of the sudden it started going down my throat. I tried to grab it out of there with my fingers, by it went down too fast.
So, there you have it...never a dull moment here I tell you! On a related note, I'm pretty certain we're close to reaching our insurance deductible for this year & it's only February. Ahhh life with 4 kids! :)
2 comments:
Oh Chris, this story is too rich. I'm glad everyone is okay!
That is the coolest x-ray I've ever seen!!
Post a Comment