Thursday, February 26, 2009

The letter of the day

A couple of weeks ago, I posted that many times my days seem to have letter themes. Today is no exception. Last time it was A. Today it is S...

1. SCIENCE, SOCIAL STUDIES & SPELLING TESTS (all within the last two days)...Go ahead, ask Emily or me anything about wants vs needs, consumers & producers, goods & services, natural, capital, human, or limited resources, supply & demand, scarcity vs. surplus. Or try to stump us by asking the many differences between amphibians, birds, mammals, reptiles & fish. However, you'll have to stick with Emily when it comes to spelling simultaneously & onomatopoeia, as I am totally inept at spelling & completely rely upon spell checker.

2. STILL WAITING... At the girls' ear check up today, our ENT specialist told us that he would like to hold off on ear tubes for the time being. Tessa's ears seem to be draining on their own...slowly, but surely & Cait's ears are clear with no infection right now. However, I joking told the receptionist to leave a spot open for us on Monday morning, as I'm fairly certain that history will repeat itself & we'll need it.

3. SURGERY...poor dad...this morning he had his tonsils removed & his uvula amputated. Enough with the snoring! Thanks to Percocet, fluids & a couple of vaporizers, he's feeling ok. Hopefully, he'll heal quickly.

4. SWIMMING Lessons...as in "the girls started" this week...today is their second lesson. They are beyond excited! They can't wait to tell everyone & anyone all about it! Just ask. I'm sure you'll get an earful. They look like such big girls floating on their backs, blowing bubbles in the water & kicking very hard. Interestingly, Emily also started swimming this week as apart of her phys. ed. curriculum. Every Tuesday for the next six weeks, they'll be traveling to the Y. Her comment..."It was really fun, but I was starving after swimming!"

5. SORROW...Four of us drove to my friend's mom's visitation hours today. There's just an ache I'm feeling for her right now. Her mom was way too young to pass away & my friend is way too young to be without a mom.

6. SOPPING WET!...(& no, this time it wasn't the girls in the toilet...thank GOD!) Once again, my friend, Amy, saved the day by watching the kids while I was away at the visitation. After school, Colin & her son, Adam, headed outside immediately. At one point she said she looked out the window & they were carrying 5 gallon buckets full of water to add to the already muddy area. Then they'd ride their bikes down the barn ramp, right into the mud puddle...boys are so weird. :) Yet (& because of their weirdness) I love that kid to pieces. Needless to say, he still had patches of mud on himself this morning. :)

7. SACRIFICE...in order for me to go today, Dave took the girls to swimming lessons, the babysitter, picked them all up from the babysitters & then even took all of them to worship team practice with him. What a great guy. "Love is...kind & is not self-seeking" 1 Cor 13:4&5

8. SILENCE...aahhh. It's been a long day for all of us. The kids are now zonked out & I'm about there myself.

No comments: